You may find yourself facing a DHS Assessment for Child Abuse or Dependent Adult Abuse. It would probably be helpful to talk to an attorney before you talk to the DHS, but often, I only hear about it after the assessment is complete.

If they have founded or confirmed that you have committed an act of abuse, you have an absolute right to appeal. If you can’t afford an attorney, file a statement that you want to appeal, or correct, the assessment. Depending on which kind of assessment, you have a limited amount of time to do so.

Then you will find yourself in an adversarial setting, and, an administrative law judge will decide whether or not the DHS assessment should be amended. The standard of the evidence is preponderance, the easiest standard in the law and thus most helpful to the DHS. They only have to show that it is more likely than not that you committed the abuse.
Experienced counsel is vital for the innocent person who is facing being placed one of the DHS central abuse registries. Call Graves Law today for assistance. I do these cases regularly.